Thursday, June 4, 2015

Aiming at AAUT 7 edition

It has been a long time but I am still alive and running :)

To be honest it has been a tough year for me both work wise, the family life, physically and mentally. So many things have happened and there have been so many ups and down that I put running on hold for nearly half a year.

In February I decided that all other problems aside it was time to focus on me, myself and I again. So I made a new training scheme to get myself up to speed with AAUT 2015. I started with running a mere 30 km a week and my form was terrible. My 10 km time was 1:05'ish and I had to slow to a walk at time doing it. But I was OK with that and didn't cross the limit of was I was able to do. Doing that would likely have meant an injury. Every week I have been adding 10% to the distance and are now running 85 km a week. I will be doing that until the race start in about 4 weeks.

I have run with a couple of the other Danish runners a few times and I fell that my shape is OK. I certainly haven't been last yet but you never know how you react in the extreme heat of AAUT. All you can do is to prepare as good as possible.

I have sadly had a cold for the last week and I really feeling the runners low atm. but I hope to be out again tomorrow!

Btw. have you guys seen the new Garmin Fenix3 yet. Damn, I would love to try it. I have nearly bought it at several occasions but the price tag is a bit steep for me atm. I am looking for someone who would let me test it for a few runs if possible. If you have one that I can borrow let me know!

2 comments: